Life Insurance Workshop is an Industry based Professional Upgradation Programme Initiative, for students in Final Year of Graduation or with CT1 and CT5 cleared. Conducted by Mr. Praveen Patwari, Mentor at AEI and Career Ambassador IFOA and by Ms. Priyanka Mittal, with 2.5+ years of experience in the life insurance domain.
• Ever wondered how an Actuary works in the Professional world? • Do you know the risk faced by a Life Insurance Company and how these affectthe profitability of its products?
• Do you know how to calculate Mortality rates, Interest rates and Persistency Ratios used in real life Cashflow Projections?
The Workshop is divided into 4 modules, each module focusing on specific areas of the Actuarial Insights:
1. Understanding the basis of Life Insurance – analysing risk factors, movement of in-force policy, Assumptions, Cashflows and Sources of Profit, Data Analysis using Model points.
2. Reserving– why hold reserves, how to create reserves, Modelling reserves in Excel, Solvency Margin
3. Profitability– Reinsurance, Profit projection on Excel, New Business Margin on Market Consistent Basis.
4. Pricing– Pricing Process, Pricing model of a Non-Participating Traditional Producton Excel, Finding Premium Rates by running various scenarios on VBA
This workshop will answer all your queries related to real-life scenarios and give you an exposure into the Corporate world.
It is a Bridge Course to link.
It is a course where you can apply your actuarial concepts in real life projects and also acquire necessary skills to convert your job opportunities.