There are two ways to become a CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT:
- Foundation Course Route
- Direct Course Route
1st Level: Foundation Course
Eligibility: Completion of Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 examination) conducted by an examining body or any equivalent examination.
Process: Register on or before the 1st day of January or the 1st day of July for the examination to be held in the months of May/June or November/December respectively.
Passing Criteria: 50% Marks in Aggregate of all papers and 40% Marks in each paper.
|Paper 1||Principles and Practice of Accounting|
|Paper 2||Business Laws and Business Correspondence & Reporting|
|Paper 3||Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning and Statistics|
|Paper 4||Business Economics and Business & Commercial Knowledge|
After Process: Enroll For Intermediate.
Direct Course Route
Commerce Graduates/Post-Graduates (55%) or Other Graduates/Post-Graduates (60%).
Candidates should pass the Intermediate level examination of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or Institute of Cost Accountants of India
2nd Level – Intermediate
Eligibility: Either Completion of foundation course or eligibility criteria of direct course route.
1. On entering through Foundation Course Route:
- Undergo Four Weeks Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft skills (ICITSS) at the earliest as these are to be completed compulsorily before commencement of their articleship.
- Appear in Intermediate Examination on completion of 8 months of study course.
- Join articled training after passing either of the Group or Both Groups of Intermediate Course and after successfully undergoing ICITSS.
- Clear the balance Group (if any) of Intermediate Examination.
2. On Entering through Direct Course Route:
- Undergo Four Weeks Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft skills (ICITSS) and Orientation Course before the commencement of their articleship.
- Register for Practical Training of three years.
- Appear in Intermediate Examination on completion of 9 months of Practical Training.
- Appear and pass in both groups of Intermediate Examination.
Passing Criteria: Score 50% overall aggregate and 40% marks in each paper.
Exemption Criteria: 60 % marks in that paper while appearing in all the papers of both the groups. It will be valid for the next three upcoming attempts.
|GROUP I||GROUP II|
|Paper 1||Accounting||Paper 5||Advanced Accounting|
|Paper 2||Corporate and Other Laws||Paper 6||Auditing and Assurance|
|Paper 3||Cost and Management Accounting||Paper 7||Enterprise Information Systems and Strategic Management|
|Paper 4||Taxation||Paper 8||Financial Management and Economics for Finance|
ELIGIBILITY:- Completion of both groups of Intermediate Course
- Enroll for the CA Final course
- OPT for anyone out of the six options in GROUP II Paper 6
- Successfully undergo Four Weeks Advanced Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft skills ( AICITSS ) during the last two years of practical training but before appearing in the Final Examination.
- Appear in the Final Examination on completion of the practical training or while serving the last 6 months of articled training.
- Complete article training of 3 years.
- Pass Final Examination.
- Enroll as a member of the ICAI and be designated as “Chartered Accountant”.
Passing Criteria:- Score 50% overall aggregate and 40% marks in each paper.
Exemption Criteria:- 60 % marks in that paper while appearing in all the papers of both the groups. It will be valid for the next three upcoming attempts.
|GROUP I||GROUP II|
|Paper 1||Financial Reporting||Paper 5||Strategic Cost Management and Performance Evaluation|
|Paper 2||Strategic Financial Management||Paper 6||Elective 1 out of 6 Papers|
|Paper 3||Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics||Paper 7||Direct Tax Laws and International Taxation|
|Paper 4||Corporate and Economic Laws||Paper 8||Indirect Tax Laws|
- Risk Management
- Financial Services and Capital Markets
- International Taxation
- Economic Laws
- Global Financial Reporting Standards
- Multidisciplinary Case Study
Meet the Instructor
Ankit Patwari is a qualified CA & Bcom ( Hons in finance ) from St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata. Having a teaching experience of 12+ years, he has taught more than 10,000+ students in the field of CA / CS / CMA / B.Com / BBA. He has teaching expertise in Cost Accountancy / Financial Accounting / Financial Management / Advanced Accounting. He is a Google Certified Trainer and has teaching expertise in computerized accounting like TALLY. He is a guest faculty at various colleges like Bhawanipur College (morning sessions) and has expertise in teaching Actuarial paper – CB1.
Vivek Patwari is a Chartered Accountant (CA) and Company Secretary (CS) with a Master’s in commerce and UGC NET cleared in Commerce with 98.37 percentile. Popularly known for his fun-loving approach towards the subject, he has mentored 2500+ students in the field of CA / CS/ CMA / B. Com/ BBA. He has expertise in Mathematics & Taxation (Direct and Indirect). He is Eastern India’s first Google Certified Trainer. He is famous for his innovative calculator secrets. Apart from being the author of 7 books in the field of Commerce. He has conducted various successful Olympiads & Seminars in the field of Accountancy, Management & Mathematics and is also a motivational speaker.